Example code and data for "Practical Data Science with R" by Nina Zumel and John Mount, Manning 2014.
- The book: "Practical Data Science with R" by Nina Zumel and John Mount, Manning 2014 (book copyright Manning Publications Co., all rights reserved)
- The book at Amazon.com
- The support site (code and data): GitHub WinVector/zmPDSwR
- Code examples (also as R Markdown notebooks: Notebooks running all examples )
- The discussion boards: Forum: Practical Data Science with R
Zip file of code excerpts from the book:
More from the authors:
- Win-Vector blog
- WinVectorLLC on Twitter
- Nina Zumel homepage
- John Mount homepage
- Win-Vector data science consulting services
Example data sets:
Includes works derived from others (data sets) remain controlled by them. We are distributing as these parties have allowed and not making any claim or grant of additional rights or license.
- bioavailability Synthetic simple ADME data (source).
- Bookdata Book ratings (source).
- Buzz Discussion forum popularity (source).
- CDC US CDC birth statistics (source).
- Custdata Synthetic example data derived from Census PUMS data to demonstrate retail related plots.
- KDD2009 Credit account prediction (source).
- PUMS US Census PUMS (source).
- Protein Dietary protein sources across multiple countries (source).
- SQLExample Synthetic example data relating price to hotel reservation pickup.
- Spambase Email spam classification (source).
- Statlog German loans defaults (source).
- UCICar Synthetic car ratings (source).
You can download all of the examples and code by following the "git clone" or "download zip" instructions at our master repository: github.com/WinVector/zmPDSwR.
License for additional documentation, notes, code, and example data:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
No guarantee, indemnification or claim of fitness is made regarding any of these items.
No claim of license on works of others or derived data.